Share | 

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

I favor playing the engie too and while this definitely would cramp my style, it would make the game more "interesting".

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow sh*t up.

Blowing sh*t up since 1978
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:06 pm

thx pyro! the designers messed up it should of been that way from the start! shonuff likes that idea and we might try it.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 pm

but i find it funny wen a dumb engie doesnt defuse the mine then a retarted teamate runs into it n kills them both lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am

Just as frustrating for the engie when he is going to defuse the mine and the teammate doesn't wait, runs past them and blows them both to bits, and they don't consider that a TK.

Stupid side note: When you have the flag in Death Star with 3 AI following you (not by request) and you successfully jump a gap, if the AI fall in you get -3 points for TK.

GRIZZ wrote:
thx pyro! the designers messed up it should of been that way from the start! shonuff likes that idea and we might try it.

I'd like a piece of that action, especially the Tantive 4 map.

Last edited by PyroJockey on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Hell yeah! Thanks Pyro. I'm really thinking about putting this mod in place.

I hate the engies with their point-blank detpacks but you can't point-blank mine them. haha
I think this wouldn't really affect the "good" engies. Y'all should be defusing the enemy mines for your teammates anyways. And the ones that run thru a door and leave the enemy mines there are gonna get what they deserve! Twisted Evil

I wonder if they have their fusion cutter out and you try to p-b mine them, would they be able to defuse the mine in the air before it touches them and goes boom?? hmmmm....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Ok first of all its kinda weird that we went from talking about somebodys brother getting banned to engies not being immune to mines.
and secondley I think its a good idea. Today me and bouncer were on tantive I had the glow and Bouncer was kicking butt too and some idiot ran on a mine before bouncer could disable it and we all died Evil or Very Mad I dont know how that fits in I just thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm

your right i hope know one minds i changed the name of this topic.

and it does sound like a great idea there are lots of us that think it should have been that way always!
like wiley said they would be forced to help the team! even if they defuse the mine just so they live it still helps the team!
and shonuff lol those engies out for them selves will get what they deserve lol and your right it would even out the point blanking det pack.
lets debate this sommore and then in the end i think this mod will happen...... i hope hehe

{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 am

one thing tho once wen i was han solo there was a mine n i had fusion cutter out n was pressin r1 n i still blew up wouldnt the same thing happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VASH
Post Master
Post Master

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:18 am

yeah happened to me b4 lol c u probly was movin and doin it at same time like me lol u got to have a slight puase 1st so it can work then u move lol

"messin' with Vash is like dancin' with death" Trigun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am

I say put the mod in and then post a topic and poll asking for feedback. Im down to do something different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boone532
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm

No one would wanna be an engineer anymore than, it would all be demolition v. demolition in places like tantive. Maybe there might be 1 or 2 engies on a team. One of the main reasons I play as an engineer is so I don't have to deal with mines. Every class has there methods to get rid of the mines, just because one doesn't do it to help the team doesn't matter. Don't complain cause you can't stand for 2 seconds and wait for your thermal to explode to continue on moving. Also, demolitionist can also no blank with a rocket.

If no one could just walk over mines then on tantive it would be almost impossible to capture the flag on the non-turbine side. If one person sat at each door they could camp and kill. Step one, put a mine in front of door. Step two, sit and wait. Step three, shoot at person after they blow mine. Unless everyone one that team sucked I see no way of scoring for the other team.

Sniper .................................................... wall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

If this mod goes on, the mines affecting engineers, then EVERYBODY would be rockets. I like a variety of classes not just the damn rocket out. and once again I dont know why rockets complain about pointblanks, their rocket is an instant kill if its accurate (accuracy rockets = good rockets, the bad rockets shouldnt be whining, they suck). I know why rockets loves to suicide mine ppl now, if they cant kill with their rocket (because they suck) they instantly think to mine ppl. And when theyre versing an engineer they just get upset, because the engineer has a detpack. Remember this: Mines affect every class EXCEPT the engineer, Lucasarts made that for a reason, to protect ppl from playing the same class all the time.

Rockets have an advantage: More Health, Mines, Rocket (most powerful infantry weapon). When compared to the rocket, the engineer is just as likely to get killed as the rocket. The problem with everyone bitching is because when team damage is off, ppl are upset their mines are useless verses the engy. the rocket just cant wait 2-3 seconds to reload because they would get detpacked. I dont care whether u oppose them or not, detpacks are highly dodgeable. Mines- instant death if hit.

The engineer has: Ability to give out health/ammo, Detpack, and a shotgun (best close range weapon). Detpacks- not always a kill, self thrown and detonated, unlike a rocket's mines.

Another issue- on some maps, mines can be placed where they CANNOT be destroyed, unless an engineer walks by. Like in tantive, where the mine is directly on the ground next to the door, so if anybody even OPENED it, they would die.

I really think People are complaining so much blabla

because engy's are just more competition than rockets, sometimes, when a mine doesnt work, as mentioned above.

How do you think "gods" kill engineers? Magic? or Skill? For instance, JJ can kill any class no matter who they are. He has no problem with engineers (usually) because he is a good rocket and can HIT an engineer.

Rocket = Engineer. (In terms of weapons)

I oppose this mod very greatly. cussing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:22 pm

I agree with this for a few reasons:

1. I feel there is no need to change things for no one has yet to really complain about it.

2. There needs to be a unit invincible to mines, or rockets would be way too overpowering.

3. I have no problem with engineer mine immunity when i play rocket, as my main goal isnt to suicide mine the enemy anyways.

4. You asked me to support you here Dragon, so I did Laughing .

And thanks for the mention Cool . If people played in team damage on servers more, where you can't suicide mine (hopefully lol), then maybe people would improve with the rocket and not use mines as a primary weapon. Then, people wouldnt have problems with the engineers' immunity.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm

reasons why the engie has the biggest reg class advantage in the game and why players pick them

1. he is immune to mines.
2. he carries around 5 health and ammo packs to give himself.(because most engies never share)
3. he has the easiest point blank in the game with the detpacks.
4. he is the only class that can defuse mines and repair droids,generators,engines,barriers,vehicles,bridges,ect.
5. he has speed and he is almost as fast as the sniper.(i said almost)
6. the clone engie can heal himself when poisoned.(hence another advantage to carrying around 5 health and ammo packs)

* like i said before he is the only class with the fusion cutter to defuse mines and he is still immune to them? that makes no sense!
most engies dont defuse mines this would force them to.
he gets all the advantages and hardly no drawbacks he doesnt deserve to be immune lol if you have to make 1 of the classes immune to mines make it the grunt he deserves it lol

the heavy has the best main gun....so what any class can get 1 shot kills! and without there mines the jedi and sith heroes would be even more dominant!

Blitz
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm

^^^^This guy knows what he's talking about.
I agree, the engy doesn't deserve to be immune to mines.
and besides, there are more engys than any other class probably because they're immune.
and to pointblank like a ***** cussing
lol
Time to go back behind my wall of safety
wall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 pm

No there are definitely more rockets in team damage off servers. Always been. Its already the easiest class to get the most kills in. No sense in helping it out more by taking away engy immunity.

In battles, engy is definitely the dominant class, or at least should be Razz
In a 12v12 match on the smaller maps, rockets are definitely the dominant class. Especially when you can get kills while u are waiting to respawn. grn-lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am

GRIZZ wrote:
reasons why the engie has the biggest reg class advantage in the game and why players pick them

2. he carries around 5 health and ammo packs to give himself.(because most engies never share)
4. he is the only class that can defuse mines and repair droids,generators,engines,barriers,vehicles,bridges,ect.
6. the clone engie can heal himself when poisoned.(hence another advantage to carrying around 5 health and ammo packs)

* like i said before he is the only class with the fusion cutter to defuse mines and he is still immune to them? that makes no sense!
he gets all the advantages and hardly no drawbacks he doesnt deserve to be immune lol if you have to make 1 of the classes immune to mines make it the grunt he deserves it lol

the heavy has the best main gun....so what any class can get 1 shot kills! and without there mines the jedi and sith heroes would be even more dominant!

If you play rocket, Grizz, I can understand your reasoning but ... thats the only drawback to a rocket, its very very slow. Its a drawback to a rocket, advantage being any other class. Grunts and engineers have the same speed.. And now your complaining when your cheap poison cant kill a clone engineer? And the engy does not have the easiest point blank in the game, the rocket does, but he only has 1 chance to do it, which most of the time rockets miss that chance lol! , and complain when they get pointblanked, when they themselves missed. Repairing droids is part of the game, it helps both teams, it doesnt JUST benefit the engy. That leaves it to 2 advantages, health/ammo giveaways (to himself), and the immunity to mines.

Just sayin if ur complaining about the rocket being slow, why not put the same mod (I think) that the .com server has?

Last edited by {FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:21 pm

I dont think anyone is bitching. We are just discussing the game. I dont mind trying new things to see what happens out there. I would much prefer to play engineer but it is not my best class (if I even have a best class). I try to play more engineer to get better. Even if it were for a week, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if you had to have the fusion cutter out to get rid of the mines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blitz
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 pm

Can I request a 'no spawncamping' mod?
lol!
Because I hate it SO MUCH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 pm

did you even read the post before you commented drkdragon? first off i never said anything about my feelings about speed or poisoning those where just the facts of the game! also these debates only apply to those of us that actually play the game this isnt the old .com forum where 90% of the posters dont play! lol

for all those engies that play for the team about 20-30% this mod wouldnt effect them much this mod is for all those selfish engies out there about 70-80% that run by a mine or thru a door and dont defuse mines for there team! this mod would force the noob engies to play like real engies and make them defuse the mines or die lol

and no body cares about td off servers thats why no one hardly plays them i just wanted to point that out to those of you that keep bringing that up and in a td on server i would still point blank if i had to if i die while taking out 2,3,4 players thats a victory lol

and your sorta right the rocket point blank may be the easiest but the detpack point blank is the most used and even with td on i can point blank rocket someone and survive and walk away with hardly no health left but you dont survive the detpacks point blank! lol

and im still down with taking the engies immunity to mines away and giving it to the grunt is that possible? lol

GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:04 am

sorry normally im easy going but i was having a bad day when i posted that lol

Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:15 am

Blitz wrote:
Can I request a 'no spawncamping' mod?
lol!
Because I hate it SO MUCH
I hate it too and the only way to stop it is changing some spawn areas or the most simplest is killing all spawncampers and hunt them down until the map is over Twisted Evil

{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN wrote:
one thing tho once wen i was han solo there was a mine n i had fusion cutter out n was pressin r1 n i still blew up wouldnt the same thing happen?

Prolly instead of stop near the mine and defuse it using ur fusion cutter, u ran into the mine and blowed urself. U can defuse mines with han solo without blowing urself if u do it correctly. Otherwise han solo will blow up so far...
lol!

GRIZZ wrote:

I will add to ur current list...
7- Health/Ammo packs was designed to help teamates, not themselves.
8- His stamina, armor and speed is similar to grunt.
9- The imperial engy at jabbas palace is like a shadow. The black outfit is very stealthy.
10-The award shotgun have more delay between shots compared with the regular blast cannon.
11-The engy is a support unit type that is the 2nd deadliest in combat. 1st is the sniper bcuz sniper can kill any unit(except droikeda) with one headshot(with or without awards).
12-Engys sucks at open maps like hoth or endor. They are designed to medium-close range combat.
13-They got detpacks but they cant disable detpacks roflmao

Possible tweak for engy? Simple...
1- Make them vulnerable to mines.
2- Health/ammo packs will no more heal themselves. Or at least, limit their healthpacks to 2-3 health/ammo packs, no 5.
3- Health/ammo packs will remove poison. Engys cant heal themselves from poison.
With these tweaks, the engy will be a balanced unit.

And now, lets talk about rockets. The main problem with rockets are their mines right? So lets limit the quantity of mines! Mod it and change the mines quantity to 2 instead of 4. Also, limit the quantity of mines can be placed at the same time. Current is 4, change it to 2. This will destroy the mine spawncamping and the mine abuse. It is very funny when u see pple that cant get a kill without a mine. laugh

guitar ---->looks cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:01 am

we strayed a bit lol this whole thing started because some of us believed that the engie who is the only class that carries around a fusion cutter which defuses mines is the only class thats immune to them lol which makes no sense to me lol
i still think its worth trying whether we keep it or change it back to normal after we try it out for awhile. heck ill be happy if just the gamespy id starts working again lol

VASH
Post Master
Post Master

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 pm

lol um if we reduced how many health packs the engy have then those stingy ppl would become even more selfish and less likely to help others since they have few themselves lol least thats what i think

"messin' with Vash is like dancin' with death" Trigun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Mandalore wrote:

Possible tweak for engy? Simple...
1- Make them vulnerable to mines.
2- Health/ammo packs will no more heal themselves. Or at least, limit their healthpacks to 2-3 health/ammo packs, no 5.
3- Health/ammo packs will remove poison. Engys cant heal themselves from poison.
With these tweaks, the engy will be a balanced unit.

omg Why not castrate the poor bastard while you're at it???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   

Back to top Go down

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next