Share | 

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Lol well ... i really dont care that much anymore, but im still seeing engys getting pwned in arena server. Even the "good" players... Because of that, I switched to rocket, and my score is skyrocketing Cool

I would not like any mods on the engy, and Ill leave it at that. They are usually surrounded by rockets anyways, lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boone532
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:39 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
for all those engies that play for the team about 20-30% this mod wouldnt effect them much this mod is for all those selfish engies out there about 70-80% that run by a mine or thru a door and dont defuse mines for there team! this mod would force the noob engies to play like real engies and make them defuse the mines or die lol

I'm pretty sure grenades blow up mines aswell, so we either have a lazy engineer or a lazy rocketier. I think the rocket troop is lazier because he is stubborn and is complaining.

rocket troop=grizz owned

KIDDING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:49 pm

It's not laziness with the regular classes. It's the fact that we kinda trust the engy to disarm the mines that are right there in the door-jam.

Some of those well placed mines will blow up if you try to get the door open to throw a grenade or shoot a rocket. So we actually need the engy to run thru with his fusion cutter out mashin' R1 the whole time.

When they run thru without disarming the mines, the guys right behind them end up blowing themselves up and sometimes taking the engy with them! Cuzz we think he did his job but didn't. And he should pay the price.

batterup

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:07 am

thx shonuff exactly lol
also if the engies are forced to defuse the mine or die there would be less mines out there all around from both teams with all the diffusing of mines.
so the heavy trooper does give up something too, having his mines defused!
i think its worth a try and if it sucks we switch it back.
and i love that line "Defuse the mine or die!" lol

View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 am

Sad y is sum players just so stupid tho? x.x im kickin but as rocket and had all the awards but this player 1 noob kept intentionally blowin up the droids x.x i switched to engy and fixed em up and like a good lil engy i iz i difused enemy mines every chance i got lol i c another one i run to it and like a noob sum idiot steped on it and killed us both b4 i could get there x.x sigh this isnt this 1st time this happened either x.x id prefer to go thru door 1st and difuse stuff but so many times an idiot tags along and blows us up b4 i get a chance to even help now im now cautious round teammates and let the idiots go 1st lol just sayin mayb that y sum engys arnt helpful (course thats probly a very low percentage for that reason that i have lol)

"messin' with Vash is like dancin' with death" Trigun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boone532
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:42 pm

I don't know if it is possible but could we give +1 point for every mine defused. I think if people got 1 point they would help there team out more. No stattracker points just in-game points.

I realized the struggle of mines by being a rockettier today. Every time I saw an engineer run by an enemy mine and not defuse it I ran next to him and killed us both to teach him a lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Sometimes, when i see a mine i just let my teammate die from it, then I go in the room/door, whatever lol. I know its cruel, but Id rather have me than some noob being alive (Most are noobs).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:36 pm

boone532 wrote:
Every time I saw an engineer run by an enemy mine and not defuse it I ran next to him and killed us both to teach him a lesson.
I've done that. Cool

{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON wrote:
Sometimes, when i see a mine i just let my teammate die from it, then I go in the room/door
I've done that too. innocent

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
boone532
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:30 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON wrote:
Sometimes, when i see a mine i just let my teammate die from it, then I go in the room/door
I've done that too. innocent

I guess we all do this jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:56 pm

like they say in chess the pawns are expendable so the king can live lol king lol
we all have definitely done that lol let the noob pawns go first lol i will also let noob go first to draw the fire and then i attack while the enemy is reloading or vulnerable lol innocent

View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:42 pm

HEEEEY!!! I take offence to you saying that noobs are "expendable" look at my signiture picture and you'll see why. lol just kidding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:22 am

The pawn is the most powerful piece in the game. It is the only piece that can become any other piece besides another king. Its strength is in its weakness. Any piece confronted by a pawn must retreat, and a pawn does not have to retreat when attacked. Compare the pawn to a queen which must retreat whenever confronted by a piece of lower value. Therefore the expendability of the pawn makes it powerful. The queen must run and the pawn can hold its position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VASH
Post Master
Post Master

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:40 am

hahah awesum sum 1 else understands the value of a pawn! XD lol i love those lil dudes lol im always like march my minions lol

"messin' with Vash is like dancin' with death" Trigun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

this is a really long uhhhhh thread and no u cant always see recons but im fine with recons but really just sitting there for hours reconning is stupid and annoying even more so if ur not even hardly ever killing anyone it just gets annoying after a while blabla blabla to lazy to type more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malek
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm way late to be commenting on this topic.. but what the hell.

When it comes to destroying ammo droids [or health droids for that matter] : I have mixed feelings about this. Or, I should say my opinion is situational. My first reaction is that there is nothing wrong with destroying ammo droids on the enemy's side.. because afterall, one of the most successful military moves is to cut the enemy off at the source... infiltrate and deplete their supplies, so that your fronts can close in and finish them off. This is true of any battle.. even in conquest, while everyone is clashing in the center of the map, one of the most successful moves for your team is to dispatch one or more flank units to sneak around to the enemy's rear command posts, which are usually lightly guarded, and capture them.. effectively bottlenecking the enemy's re-inforcements into the main battle where they can be choked out from both the front and back. [In this way quite often one unit alone can turn the tide of the entire round]

However, people who indiscriminately destroy ALL ammo droids should be reprimanded.. because that serves no strategic purpose, and more often than naught actually hinders his own team-mates.. nothing's more frustrating than when you're slaughtering people until you run out of ammo, then waste countless minutes running around to each destroyed ammo droid saying DAMMIT! [same is almost more true with health droids]

my opinion on the droid thing really depends on how effectively my fellow team-mates are using the engy class.. if they're doing it correctly, they'll repair the droids closest to their team's main fallback point.. wherever that may be. the droids only easily accessible by allies should be repaired.. then the other droids after more ground is gained by your team. ideally though, all droids would be in-tact, cause let's face it.. that just makes it easier and funner for everyone

On the Engy's invincibility to mines : this is perfectly fine, I don't know why anyone would take issue with this.. because as you've all pointed out, there are plenty of pro's and cons between Engies and other classes that balance that perk... and really your only frustration should lie with the individual player who sucks at using an Engy as an effective tool for the team's progress.. and how definately frustrating that can be.

So truthfully, both of these issues boil down to the individual player. They either know what they are doing.... or blindly run through getting killed, and getting their team-mates killed as well. As stupid as the saying is : "Hate the player, not the game"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 am

Malek,

We are talking about destroung ammo droids to stop people from reconing because you dont like it. That is the reason 99% of the time. There are reasons to destroy droids, like to keep people form spawn camping on Tantive IV or to get across the bridge on Death Star. To destroy them to be an a$$ hole when your team is using it can get you banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 am

Hey you Know What...I Can Beat you At Chess With one Move And One Move Only Its Not That Hard Challange that if You Want And ill give You Your Answer drunken pimp BTW Did You Know JetTroopers Can Fly?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 am

I dont play chess anymore. The only way you can win in one move is if the player resigns. There is not an opening move that can mate a king from the starting position. If there is some other way, oh well...I dont play anymore and doubt I ever will again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:49 am

Knocking the board over is not a legitimate move.

The minimum number of moves to win a chess game is 2, but I'll bite.... Suspect

King's pawn to King 4.

Your turn.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow sh*t up.

Blowing sh*t up since 1978
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:12 am

Its called Fools Mate and the minimum moves is two. Requires the pawns to be opened up in front of the king creating a hole and no piece to block or space for the king to move. Anything else is not a real chess move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:03 pm

your Both Wrong!!! *points To My Pic* DUH I Win Now Ima Eat A Banana Rock On!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

A Actual Retard wrote:
your Both Wrong!!! *points To My Pic* DUH I Win Now Ima Eat A Banana Rock On!

onoudidnt No, you fail. As I stated previously,

PyroJockey wrote:
Knocking the board over is not a legitimate move.

It doesn't matter how you knock the board over (points to your pic) you still knocked it over.

Enjoy that bananna.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow sh*t up.

Blowing sh*t up since 1978
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 am

unoriginal, and it takes a series of moves to launch a nuke...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 am

i didnt say launch the nuke...I AM THE NUKE!!! *hits Button* BUHAHAHAHAHA afro owned innocent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 am

Chess just became alot cooler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   

Back to top Go down

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next