Share | 

Is GameTracker on crack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Is GameTracker on crack?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 am

I have noticed lately a difference in the way GameTracker ranks the SWBF2 servers. First of all they seem to change more rapidly than before. The heuristics for ranking used to be a smoother curve. Now it's a jagged line that's jumping all over the place.

Today I noticed that SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER jumped to the top of the PS2 servers leap frogging both Arena and .COM servers. When I checked the average players for the last 30 days for each server this is what I found:

RankServerAvg. Players
4SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER8.5
7SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA13
18SWBFII.COM SERVER10.2

What's up with that?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow sh*t up.

Blowing sh*t up since 1978
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 pm

I noticed this too. It seems whichever server had the most players at a random time it the one that is ranked highest. Gametracker never did track this game very well anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 pm

i was confused to lol not that it really matters but we all know that the swbfii official server is for spawncampers and rookies.
arena and .com are still the ctf and conquest servers for the real players and the vets know this!
thats why we made the arena server to get away from the problems with that server if its still run by lordopies.
glitchers,spawncamping marathons,players had no say about the server,same few maps over and over,tons of stat resets,and hardly never any admins.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 am

GRIZZ wrote:
i was confused to lol not that it really matters but we all know that the swbfii official server is for spawncampers and rookies.
arena and .com are still the ctf and conquest servers for the real players and the vets know this!
so true thumbs up

GRIZZ wrote:
glitchers,spawncamping marathons,players had no say about the server,same few maps over and over,tons of stat resets,and hardly never any admins.

well...the best players play on .com (im not trying to offend any1, please dont get offended)... getting kills and points is too easy on ARENA..it is way more hard to get damage increase on .com than in arena(no, i never score flags, thats not the reason)

but i do like to have some fun on ARENA Sinister Rock On!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 am

Grizz was talking about the the SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER being crappy, not .Com. I really think .Com Vs Arena should happen now. I think most of the .Com players would be very surprised at the talent in the Arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 pm

my bad....and i know the fact that arena has great players...

but umm...lets say that arena is full of noobs...from 24 players, most of the time 20 are noobs, 3 are "good players" and 1 is a very good player...and just sometimes, there is one challenge online (im not calling any name but they are a few arena players which i consider challenges)....damn, i hope you guys get my point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:09 am

Verga STFU you SUCK at this game so you dont get to say s#*%! Sinister

Really though, I've noticed alot of very good players and noobs play on both servers. Its just that some prefer CTF over Conquest and vice versa. To be honest, I dont see that much difference in talent between the 2 servers. The difference I see is .com players tend to play more honorably.

And Grizz, the SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER has actually gotten MUCH better in the glitching dept. It used to be really horrible. Now its tame by comparison. I'm grateful that server exists during busy hrs when .com and arena are full.

Oh yeah, and another thing. Some of .com's maps SUCK. And so many noobs AND vets on that server seem to just love ending the good maps quickly and it gets really annoying. I get really tired of playing 5 min maps which is why I spend more time on arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

AURORUS wrote:

i like you too bitch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:18 pm

vergamaton wrote:
AURORUS wrote:

i like you too bitch Very Happy

Can't you just feel the love?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Eh the official server is lame by comparison to the other 2. It only has one admin and I the good thing is that he plays 24/7. Makes you wonder though... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:58 pm

this game still has players but to get them all on at the same time never happens. we are lucky if we can fill up 4 servers at a peek time!
so i dont care how many rookies there are now in the game, im just glad we can still play this game online!

View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:55 am

GRIZZ wrote:

so i dont care how many rookies there are now in the game, im just glad we can still play this game online!

AMEN BRO!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
this game still has players but to get them all on at the same time never happens. we are lucky if we can fill up 4 servers at a peek time!

You are right in that we have more available server slots overall than we have players. That's a problem with the older games. Same issue (but worse) in the Descent community otherwise I'd be hosting a Descent server. Good thing there is some diversification. CTF, Conquest, Jedi Assault and of course Glitching.

There used to be a dedicated server with just space battles but I haven't seen it in a while scratch

As much as I hear people complain about n00bs, without those n00bs the game will die.

Anyway, back on topic (there's a novel concept) it looks like either GameTracker and/or AOWC is still messed up. On GameTracker SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER has been replaced with a 14 slot clan server [NR]Competition as the top PS2 server. SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER has been moved down to the 26th ranked PS2 server (even lower than my Japanese server). Looks like AWOC changed their IP address on them and GameTracker offers no way to correct this. So [NR]Competition get's the top rank and OFFICIAL SERVER get's the shaft.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
we are lucky if we can fill up 4 servers at a peek time!
thumbs up

PyroJockey wrote:
As much as I hear people complain about n00bs, without those n00bs the game will die.
thumbs up

This game have 6 years old and is very active. If Lucasarts create a patch for upgrading this game with maps and extra stuff (you will need a hard disc for your PS2), this game can be so popular like some next gen games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 pm

vergamaton wrote:
my bad....and i know the fact that arena has great players...

but umm...lets say that arena is full of noobs...from 24 players, most of the time 20 are noobs, 3 are "good players" and 1 is a very good player...and just sometimes, there is one challenge online (im not calling any name but they are a few arena players which i consider challenges)....damn, i hope you guys get my point...
I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is GameTracker on crack?   

Back to top Go down

Is GameTracker on crack?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1