The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server


 
HomePortal*GalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Share | 
 

  Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:23 am

Can you add more Conquest maps to rotation? 3 out of 23 is pretty pisspoor for the gamemode that the game is founded upon.


As well there is massive recon droid spam on small maps like Death Star CTF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayem
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 am

f*#k recon droids
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:53 pm

SG-17 wrote:
Can you add more Conquest maps to rotation? 3 out of 23 is pretty pisspoor for the gamemode that the game is founded upon.


As well there is massive recon droid spam on small maps like Death Star CTF.

Arena server is mainly focused on CTF. That's why it do not have so many conquest maps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Mandalore wrote:
SG-17 wrote:
Can you add more Conquest maps to rotation? 3 out of 23 is pretty pisspoor for the gamemode that the game is founded upon.


As well there is massive recon droid spam on small maps like Death Star CTF.

Arena server is mainly focused on CTF. That's why it do not have so many conquest maps.
Well Arena is pretty much the only active server. It sucks that there aren't many Conquest maps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

I hear ya SG. I miss conquest. Sad

But i think they got Mos eisley, naboo, and geonosis for conquest maps currently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 pm

KillaK wrote:
I hear ya SG. I miss conquest. Sad

But i think they got Mos eisley, naboo, and geonosis for conquest maps currently.
Indeed, but the ratio of Conquest to CTF means that Conquest maps only come up maybe once a day.

These few maps should be added for Conquest:

Hoth
Kashyyyk (GCW)
Endor
Yavin IV (GCW)
Polis Massa (GCW)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I definitely disagree with Hoth(THE WORST CONQUEST IMO) Its vehicle whore city. Polis M. is good. Kashyyk/Yavin is ok. I think Endor is horrible too. CTF and Conquest. I think that map would be much better if you could play at least 50 people. And I think I remember Tantive being in the rotation before or am I mistaken? It probably got taken off but I'm not sure. Anyway, that one would be good too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-11-21
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd like to pipe in to, I do miss conquest. But the people that play on this server are not familiar with it, so when these maps come up, some guys do not even play them, or don't understand you have to take command posts, or defend them. Which is why these maps only last a few minutes sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Or more like people don't know when NOT to take the last command post after 5 mins. I cant stand that crap. A couple of douchebags were doing that with darkies flying around shocking people and taking bases. I'm like, why are you even in here if you're gonna show everyone what a wuss you are? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am

What I don't understand is how CTF became this popular. During the heyday of SWBF2 CTF was only played as a tie-breaker map for clan matches, and even then only on Death Star or Tantive IV GCW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm

sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

AURORUS wrote:
sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
I played with The Battlefront Community. The successor to sites like Warzone-Online and Sonic Army.

CTF was forbidden by unanimous vote for non-Tie Breaker maps in clan matches on the ladder. Clan servers at the time had at most 4 CTF maps compared to at least 10 Conquest maps. Reinforcements were always at maximum with no time limit and matches could last more than a half an hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

SG-17 wrote:
AURORUS wrote:
sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
I played with The Battlefront Community. The successor to sites like Warzone-Online and Sonic Army.

CTF was forbidden by unanimous vote for non-Tie Breaker maps in clan matches on the ladder. Clan servers at the time had at most 4 CTF maps compared to at least 10 Conquest maps. Reinforcements were always at maximum with no time limit and matches could last more than a half an hour.

Remember one detail, those rules do not apply here in Arena server because this is a public server. For clan battles and other stuff, those rules will apply for clan battles/scrims.

Question: Are you back to the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Mandalore wrote:
SG-17 wrote:
AURORUS wrote:
sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
I played with The Battlefront Community. The successor to sites like Warzone-Online and Sonic Army.

CTF was forbidden by unanimous vote for non-Tie Breaker maps in clan matches on the ladder. Clan servers at the time had at most 4 CTF maps compared to at least 10 Conquest maps. Reinforcements were always at maximum with no time limit and matches could last more than a half an hour.

Remember one detail, those rules do not apply here in Arena server because this is a public server. For clan battles and other stuff, those rules will apply for clan battles/scrims.

Question: Are you back to the game?
I wasn't implying that they apply here, I was stating that CTF was very uncommon prior than 2 1/2 years ago.


I don't play regularly, maybe once a week when I get bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Yea the TD off servers have trended more towards CTF the past couple of years. The older servers like .com(old official), Battle, DSA, Todd were a good mix of both conquest and CTF, but generally favoring conquest.

Idk, just happy that there are still a few servers to play in. As long as you leave out space and jedi, I'll be content Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 pm

CTF was probably uncommon in some clan servers and in clan battles. But I saw a good mix of both like Killak said. Thats the way it should be. I think they should be evened out. I dont understand why it always has to be one favored over the other. And this is coming from someone who prefers CTF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-11-21
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 pm

yesterday night, I bumped us out of ctf on "Death Star" that was not going anywhere. I changed it to a conquest map on Naboo. After about three minutes it was over, so I restarted it, and typed in some comments about not taking the last base, and lets play longer than a few minutes. I was surprised with the outcome. We had a great map, and it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. Nice job for all of you who were involved with that one. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 am

Is Conquest more prevalent on the rotation now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
avatar

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 42
Location : Olympia

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah, we've got more conquests in there now.
The Map Rotation thread isn't always updated.


I personally like CTF for one reason: I played TONS of conquest maps (too many) when I was playing Galactic Conquest in Single-Player mode back in the day
I played the sh*t outa this game for a long time before I even plugged a network cable into my PS2.


When I finally got online, I saw that most servers were doing mostly CTF maps (even the server named TODD Conquest). Laughing
And I thought CTF was a million times faster and funner! You are forced to either grab the flag from the enemy's base or bring it right to the enemy's base. Lots of action. And killin. Twisted Evil

Conquest can be like that too sometimes. But certain maps tend to just be a game of hide-n-seek.
I'm careful which maps I choose for Conquest mode.


_________________
When I say 'Who's The Master?' you say Sho'Nuff!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.    

Back to top Go down
 
Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 11th Harakoni Light Recon: "Mad Sparrows" - thoughts & tactics
» 750 Recon Chaos
» ghost recon beta UPDATES
» Scrap those droid clankers!
» LEGO® Hero Factory Recon Team

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: